Niner United Covenant to Participate
Niner United is a Christian community committed to both academic pursuit and spiritual growth. Central to our place in God’s Kingdom is the shaping of our character to resemble Jesus Christ in holiness and purity of mind and heart. We attempt to evaluate our decisions, behaviors and priorities by scriptural measures rather than cultural standards, exemplified by our love for our neighbor. As members of this community, we covenant to engage actively in the pursuit of in this personal and social holiness.
1. I agree to participate regularly in at least one Niner United weekly event.
2. I agree to express my love for God and others through service and hospitality.
3. I understand that consumption of alcohol is prohibited on all Niner United trips and events unless every participant is over 21 years of age.
4. I agree to show compassion for others, have a lens of empathy and understanding, and refrain from hateful speech or actions. I agree to avoid abusive words and actions including hazing, threats of violence or discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, economic or national status, or physical trait.
5. I understand that all Niner United trips and events are a smoke-free.
I understand that I must continue to comply to this covenant before and after the trip in order to remain a trip participant.